Conditions of entry
Please read the following conditions of entry carefully before you send us your poems. Entries that don't comply with them will be disqualified without refund.
- Maximum length, excluding title and any blank lines: Short Poem -10 lines, Open Poem - 40 lines.
- Each entered poem, including its title, should be typed single-spaced in a standard 10 or 12 point font on one side of a single A4 sheet, with a left margin wide enough for ring binding, and should not bear anything to identify the poet. No fancy/coloured/oversized fonts or images please!
- Each postal entry (of one or more poems) should be accompanied by an entry form. If you are unable to download an entry form, please email us via the 'Contact' page and we will send you one.
- Poems must be the original work of the entrant, unpublished, and must not have won a prize in any other competition. No entrant may win more than one prize.
- Postal Entry fee: £5.00 per poem. Cheques must be in pounds sterling, drawn on a UK bank and made payable to 'The Plough Arts Centre'.
- Online Entry fee: £5.00 per poem. Payment is made via PayPal's secure server. You do not need a PayPal account to pay in this way.
- Please keep a copy of your work, as we cannot return entries. Please check your entry before you send it, since we cannot amend it for you later.
- Entries close at midnight (local time) on 31 January 2018. Entries received (in the case of online entries) or posted (in the case of postal entries) after this deadline will be disqualified.
- The judge's decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into. Results, including long and short listings, will be available from this website by 31 March 2018.
- Copyright remains with the author, but The Plough Arts Centre reserves the right to display winning entries on its website, and to display, broadcast, or use them in promotional literature for a period of twelve months after the competition's close.